Fashionistas and celebrity spotters rejoice! It’s Royal Ascot and it’s back for another sensational five days starting tomorrow, Tuesday 20th June through to Saturday 24th June 2017.
There can be little question that the pomp and pageantry of The Royal Ascot is one of the most iconic fixtures in the racing calendar. The meet attracts over 300,000 revellers over its five-day duration, and it’s also by far and away the richest race festival the UK, with no less than £5.5 million changing hands during the course of the event! Anticipated and revered, these five days are made for socialising. Long seen as a spectacle of fashion and style, they are referenced the world over.
Five interesting facts for you:-
- The Queen has had 23 Royal Ascot winners as an owner and has not missed a day of the meeting since her coronation in 1953.
- Talking of the rich and famous – Royal Ascot has over 400 helicopters and over 1,000 limos arrive at the course each year!
- The oldest race on the current Royal Ascot card is the Gold Cup which was first contested in 1807. Order of St George is the current favourite for the 2017 renewal of the race.
- Food is a huge part of the festival with over 35,000 spears of British asparagus ordered ahead of the event and almost 3,000 lobsters consumed across the five days.
- The event has a strict dress code which must be adhered to by all visitors. Ladies are forbidden to wear strapless dresses and must wear a hat. Men are required to wear a waistcoat, tie and a top hat as well.
We’ll be celebrating Royal Ascot Week here at The House so join us from 8am onwards, before heading off to Berkshire, and enjoy our “Ascot Champagne Brunch” for only £16 per person and fuel up before you trot off to the races. We will also be showing all races from The Royal Meeting live on our big screen in our ground floor brasserie if you can’t make it to the real thing.
For more information or to book a table please contact email@example.com or call 020 7352 2828.